WATER is a global network, an educational and spiritual space, a center for dialogue on feminism, faith, and justice. We connect activists, religious leaders, students, scholars, and allies who are using feminist religious values to create social change.
Founded in 1983 by Mary E. Hunt and Diann L. Neu, we have been empowering women to address structural violence for over thirty years, making WATER one of the oldest feminist religious non-profit organizations in the world.
Feminist Theology and Ministry
· WATERtalks: Conversations with Feminists in Religion are monthly teleconferences featuring colleagues doing cutting edge work. Join us and/or download them from our website: waterwomensalliance.org.
· Mujeres Cruzando Mundos (Women Crossing Worlds) is our on-going work with colleagues in Latin America.
· Our Feminist Liberation Theologians’ Network connects through our listserv and meets annually at the American Academy of Religion.
· Networking and Empowering Lesbian Feminist Catholics trains and promotes LBTIQ Catholic women to exercise leadership on a variety of issues.
· Amplifying Marginalized Voices gathers LBTIQ women of several faith traditions to bring feminist energy to social change work.
Feminist Spirituality and Counseling
· Monthly WATERrituals at WATER and by phone
· Monthly Meditation Circle at WATER and by phone
· Counseling and Spiritual Direction for individuals, couples, families, and groups
Feminist Training and Collaboration
· WATER Interns train for three months to a year learning the nuts and bolts of a feminist non-profit.
· Visiting Scholars and Ministers research and write their dissertations and sermons at WATER using our unique resource center with 6,000+ books.
· WATER staff collaborate and network with groups working on issues of peace, justice, and feminism.